On 2016-02-29 22:20, SPC wrote:
Hum... not sure about this, but someone talked here some years ago
about a modification of  the SIMH Honeywell simulator to convert it in
one IMP. I assume that he had some kind of BBN IMP code.

I'm not sure if this project would be limited to tray to simulate the
original ARPANET token ring limited to the IMPs or there was some
other goals to reach. An example: modify another simulator adding to
it a simulation of one device like this one (AN22) making it to talk
with the IMP.

As I said this was a post from years ago. Perhaps was Bob Armstrong
who talked about it but I'm not sure at all.

Yes, it was him. See also simh/H316/h316_hi.c:

   The host interface is one of the BBN engineered devices unique to the
ARPAnet IMP. This is the famous "1822" card which connected each IMP to a host computer - a DECSYSTEM-10, an SDS Sigma 7, an IBM 360/90, a CDC6600,
   or any one of many other ARPAnet hosts.  The idea is to simulate this
interface by using a TCP/UDP connection to another simh instance emulating
   the host machine and running the ARPAnet host software.

Presently the details of the host interface card are not well known, and this implementation is simply a place holder. It's enough to allow the IMP software to run, but not actually to communicate with a host. The IMP simply
   believes that all the attached hosts are down at the moment.