Hi, Dave.

I run an ESXi host on a USDT system and use a USB3 LAN dongle to give me a seperate network for user/management traffic so I can use the onboard one for iSCSI. This was done following the artivle here:

https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2016/03/working-usb-ethernet-adapter-nic-for-esxi.html

Thanks for the link!

I note that that USB interface can be dropping packets all the time, not a big problem if the protocols can handle that and RDP etc suffers no real issues. But running something like TotalNetworkMonitor on a VM there you do see that there are up to 50% or so ping packets lost in its probes.

Could be that you are seeing a similar behaviour where the protocol doesn't handle lost packets too well...

Yeah, that's what it sounds like. I'll try to run some other tests on the USB dongle to see if I see anything else odd.

Thanks!

Hunter