> On Jun 6, 2019, at 2:11 PM, Mark Pizzolato <m...@infocomm.com> wrote:

> The above output is suspicious since it doesn't say that the XQ device has
> been
> attached to any interface.
>
> What is the output of SHOW ETHER on this simulator?
> Are you running as ROOT (which is required for network functionality on Linux
> unless you are using VDE Ethernet)?
> Is the VM Hypervisor you're running under configured to pass arbitrary MAC
> addresses out of that VM?
>
> Apart from these considerations relating to basic packet capabilities, once
> you have any networking functionality, you may encounter a problem that has
> been reported on some Linux systems.  You're not encountering this now, but
> if you do, you should add the following line to your configuration file:
>       sim> SET CLOCK NOCATCHUP
>
> The problem that is not always observed will be fixed soon and the SET CLOCK
> NOCATCHUP will no longer be necessary.
>
> - Mark

I just figured out that this is a VMware issue.  I’m going to have to do some
checking.  I have a 3 system VMware cluster.  Two of the systems are HP SFF
PC’s, the third is an HP DL380 G7.  I just migrated the VM over to one of the
SFF systems, and it works.  The SIMH/VAX is now a member of the cluster.

I was unaware of SHOW ETHER, that should help me see what’s going on.  I’ll
shut the VM down and migrate it back to the DL380.

Zane