In message <4d89bc71.10...@seb.ee>,
Risto Vaarandi writes:
>a small note that might be interesting for some. The first public
>version of SEC (1.0) was released 10 years ago, in March 23 2001.
> [...]
>- rules had positional parameters, for example:
>Single | DontCont | SubStr | this is a test | my event description | logonly

Wow yeah I remember. But even in that proto state, it let me do
analysis that I hadn't been able to do using logsurfer and many other
programs.

>I would like to thank all list members for exchanging many interesting
>ideas which have supported the development of SEC. My special thanks
>goes to John Rouillard for many creative discussions and for being
>active in the SEC community for almost a decade :)

Thank you for the recognition. Kudos for creating and improving a
great tool for proactive log analysis.

10 year huh. Well now I need to go find a bottle of Geritol 8-)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geritol).

--
                                -- rouilj
John Rouillard