Well, the requirements to **design** an AGI on the high level are much
steeper than the requirements to contribute (as part of a team) to the
**implementation** (and working out of design details) of AGI.

I dare say that anyone with a good knowledge of C++, Linux, and
undergraduate computer science -- and who has done a decent amount of
reading in cognitive science -- has the background to contribute to an
AGI project such as Novamente.

Perhaps the Novamente project is now at the stage where it could
benefit from 3-4 "junior" AI software developers.  But even if so, the
problem still exists of finding say $100K to pay these folks for a
year.  Still, this is not so much funding to find, and it's an
interesting possible direction to take.  So far  I have been skeptical
of the ability of more "junior" folks to really contribute, but I
think the project may be at a level of maturity now where this may be
sensible...

Something for me to think about during the holidays...

-- Ben