On 5/21/07, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Now there really is no difference between being able to judge the quality of
movie (relative to a particular viewer or audience), and being able to
generate high quality movies.

So is it just a lack of ambition that prevents your local reviewer from
creating the next blockbuster? Really, you don't have to have the skills and
knowledge necessary to make a film in order to grade it. I don't think AIs
will be making movies until they're superhuman. Music, I can see being
possible much sooner: the space of compositions is easier to explore, and
the underlying rules are more explicit.