--- "Papiewski, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Of all the work and research done on intelligent AI over the past 50+
> years, why do we not have software or even a description of software
> that simulates even childlike intelligence at a tiny percentage of
> realtime speed?

Because we are looking for the wrong thing, and ignoring what is actually
happening.  We already have systems that know vastly more than any human and
can retrieve that information much faster.  If you are looking for a computer
simulations of a human mind, you will be disappointed, because there is no
economic incentive to build such a thing.  We make machines to serve humans,
not to think independently.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]