Kaj,

If I look closely at what you write, you are somewhat close to me - but you are in fact not saying explicitly and precisely what I am.

I am saying upfront: language and symbol systems are general and abstract and open to infinite, particular, concrete interpretations, including the opposite of any interpretation you might prefer. It is therefore impossible when programming an agent in general language or concepts, to control its particular interpretations of those concepts - whether those concepts are "help humanity" or "make humans happy" etc.

You don't say this upfront, and you do seem to imply that it might be possible to control the agent sometimes, if not at others.

If you basically agree with my statement, then both your exposition and, I'm sure, mine can be improved.