Ollie:it is true that many transhumanists
don't believe that the present version of homo-sapiens is the paragon
of perfection (if that turn of phrase isn't too completely
tautological

Thanks - a more reasoned rather than literal reply. The article drew a pic of Paypal types as workaholic, highly mathematical nerds, (sub-Google Phd's), withdrawn from the social world, not getting laid too much - a type who might have reasons for disliking humanity.

The obvious question that follows from your reply - & that I may have missed being discussed - is what do you an d others see as wrong with human beings and needing correction? I think we can take it for granted that it would be a good idea if we had more powerful bodies and brains - I for example immediately think of how nice it would be if we weren't subject to fairly continuous muscle fatigue of varying degrees when running and thinking hard. But what do people see as wrong or defective - as distinct from weak - with human nature?