Samantha Atkins writes:

> Beware the wish granting genie conundrum.

Yeah, you put it better than I did; I'm not asking what wishes we'd ask a genie
to grant, I'm wondering specifically what we want from the machines that Ben
and Richard and Matt and so on are thinking about and building.

Simple things like "robot, clean my house" are valuable because they focus
clearly on what capabilities 'robot' probably has to have to achieve it.
Similarly, "pass the turing test" is valuable; we can wonder specifically about
what the machine would have to do to achieve that goal.  "Do Science" is a bit
vague for me though.