Thomas McCabe wrote:
On 4/18/08, Richard Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 You repeatedly insinuate, in your comments above, that the idea is not
taken seriously by anyone, in spite of the fact I have already made it quite
clear that this is false.

The burden of proof is on you to show that someone takes your ideas
seriously. You have yet to link to a paper commenting on your work, or
a paper citing your work, or a blog which makes use of your ideas,
etc., etc.

Remember, the 'idea' at issue right now is the *challenge* that I issued to Eliezer's approach to FAI.

If someone issues a challange to a set of ideas, the appropriate response is not "Does anyone agree with the idea of this challenge?", but "Does the challenged party have a coherent response to this challenge?".

You keep trying to change start a popularity context, to see how many people like the idea of the challenge. I cannot think of anything more silly: you just address the challenge itself and look at how the challenged party reacted.

I am perfectly happy to let the ideas stand for themselves, and to point to the contrast between (a) the clear articulation of those ideas that I made, and (b) the incoherent (and sometimes rabidly irrational) reaction to those ideas. That contrast speaks volumes.

It is always a bad sign when a person like yourself is incapable of debating the actual issues themselves, but has to resort to childish strategies like demanding to see authority figures who like the ideas.

Richard Loosemore