I have been testing a SIP application, and I've been having trouble with
authorization. Most servers seem to send a basic "WWW-Authenticate:" header
without an entry for qop, and the application authenticates with these
servers
without any problem.

One particular SIP/PSTN gateway service provider has a server which
includes qop="auth" in the "WWW-Authenticate:" header of its responses.
The application seems to respond appropriately: the resulting
"Authorization:" header now includes qop=auth, as  well as entries for
cnonce and nc. However, these requests always generate a
"401 Unauthorized" response. So, either my credentials are wrong,
or the application is calculating the response incorrectly,
or the server is verifying the response incorrectly.

I'm quite sure I have the correct credentials (user and password) for this
service. If I use an older version of the application that doesn't
support qop, it authenticates fine.

Is there a publicly available known-good server I could test my application
against to help decide whether my application or the server is at fault.

Thanks,
Stephen C. Steel