On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 07:58 -0700, Benjamin Jacob wrote:
> I think Padmaja's hinting that the proxy has inserted those 3 Vias the
> first time itself, before it could spiral it 'out' and receiving it
> back.

The proxy in this case is the sipXecs proxy, which sometimes spirals
messages through itself directly; in his configuration for that address,
twice.

In this particular case, the problem actually appears to be that the
branch parameter in some of those interior Via headers has a '%'
character in it - the receiving system is upset by that (I'm not at all
clear on why implementors find it necessary to parse anything but the
topmost Via).  We've seen this on a couple of other implementations as
well, and have changed that to a '$', which is legal in a token.

> If the proxy had spiralled it out, there would be other proxies's Vias
> as well.

True.

--
Scott Lawrence  tel:+1.781.229.0533;ext=162 or sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  sipXecs project coordinator - SIPfoundry http://www.sipfoundry.org/sipXecs