Ujjwal SIngh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am simulating a test environment with SIPP and my client UAC
>
> UAC                                         SIPp
>
> INVITE--------------------------------------->
> 180 <-----------------------------------------
> 200 OK <------------------------------------
> 200 OK <------------------------------------
> 200 OK <------------------------------------
> 200 OK <------------------------------------
> 200 OK <------------------------------------
> 200 OK <------------------------------------
> 200 OK <------------------------------------
> ------------------------------------------------->ACK
> ------------------------------------------------->ACK
>

> these 7  200s OK got retransmitted within 500 msec
>
> both the ACKs come after the last 200 OK.
> is it valid. since RFC 3261 says for every 200 OK the UAC core should send
> ACK.

I think that behavior really depends on how your UAC is implemented
internally. For example the SIP stack could eliminate duplicate 200 OKs
in processing queue before they hit transaction logic/UAC. Therefore,
UAC core may not even see some of those dupes. IMHO such behavior while
not exactly RFC-abiding is permissive and is unlikely to create any issues.

Regards,
--
Maksym Sobolyev
Sippy Software, Inc.