Harsha. R wrote:

> 2008/12/5 Maxim Sobolev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
>
>      Therefore,UAC core may not even see some of those dupes. IMHO such
>     behavior while
>     not exactly RFC-abiding is permissive and is unlikely to create any
>     issues.
>
>     Regards,
>     --
>     Maksym Sobolyev
>

> Subsequent 200 OK would hit the respective UA core, because on receipt
> of the first 200 OK at the SIP client, the respective
> INVITE transaction is terminated. Therefore subsequent 200 OK handling
> is special in the sense that they are handled by UAC core.[RFC 3261,
> Section 17.1.1.2 <http://17.1.1.2>]

Well, that's true, but my point is that if those 200 OK are exactly the
same and received within short period of time under the load, SIP stack
may optimize its queue of yet unprocessed messages by dropping
duplicates before UAC can even see them. I am not talking about how
ideal RFC3261 implementation should work, I am talking about what
read-world stack which has to deal with load spikes and excessive
retransmits could behave.

Regards,
--
Maksym Sobolyev