El Jueves, 29 de Enero de 2009, Johansson Olle E escribió:
> 28 jan 2009 kl. 16.22 skrev Victor Pascual Ávila:
> > We chose not using the REFER basically 'cause, at that moment, REFER
> > was not implemented in many UAs. However, the 72% of the UAs tested
> > during the last SIPit implemented the REFER method.
>
> I do like this method too, and is a bit surprised that I haven't seen
> any requests for that
> support in Asterisk. Only one customer has asked for it, but did not
> want to fund the work
> to create that functionality.

I was thinking yesterday on it. REFER initial-dialog is much cleaner than
INVITE of 3PCC, but it's usually not allowed by common phones. So a PBX or
SIP server implementing click2dial could try first a REFER initial-request,
and in case it receives a negative response (i.e. "403 Forbidden" or "501 Not
Implemented") the the server could use the 3PCC INVITE.

> And I'm not sure that all of those 72% supported REFER outside of a
> dialog, as a way to
> create a dialog. Was that documented?

I've tryed it with some common phones with no luck. The problem is that
desktphone don't ask permission to the user when receiving a typical
in-dialog REFER, so in those phones allowing initial REFER would be a great
risk.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo