I can assure you with 100% certainty (because I worked on such projects for NA
and EU) that this is not as bulletproof as you may want.  If you're looking to
determine if the call is going to be answered by a human, this is not going to
work.  There are lots of "intelligent services" out there that eventually end
up having a human answer, but may have some PROGRESS/early media "stuff"
happening before that.  I've used the exact same progress description bits you
have below.

In the SIP world, I wouldn't really trust 183 for this as some PSTN gateways
I've seen send this by default if there is any non-silence (even ringing).

David