On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 13:44 +0100, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, if there any *real* case in any SIP core (i.e: IMS) in which a user could
> have a URI with parameters?

IMS is hardly "core" SIP usage.

If your question is "Should my system be able to handle SIP URIs with
parameters?", the answer is "Yes.".  Because if you don't, in the next
few months, some usage of your system will require it.  It's a law of
nature.  ;-)  (I once wrote a parser for a language.  The parser
(accidentally) restricted comments to 1024 characters.  The *second*
test program I wrote had a comment that was 1500 characters.)

If your system has to interpret a SIP URI, then in general, it should
ignore any URI parameters that it does not understand, or if the context
does not give any significance to the parameter.

Dale