the way 3264 is worded, any of the codecs in the offer may be used to
send toward the offerer, and any of the codecs in the answer may be used
to send toward the answerer.

However in practice I think you will find that many implementations only
support sending and receiving using codecs in the intersection of the
offer and the answer.