After the first 1xx, it is not allowed to send UPDATE with a different SDP
for announcement-2. I think offer-answer model discussed some set of cross
over scenarios in detail. If I am not wrong this is the scenario you are
looking for ?

INV -->
<-- 1xx(SDP)
--> PRACK
<-- 200-PRACK

<-- UPDATE(Callee)
200-UPDATE -->

<-- UPDATE(Callee)
200-UPDATE -->

<-- 200-INVITE
ACK -->

It was intentionally restricted to allow only one SDP negotiation during
session setup. Once the call is setup, you can have as many re-negotiations
as possible. This makes offer-answer handling UA's simpler...

I suggest some more detailed study on offer-answer model draft is required.
You are suggested to go through earlier discussion on offer-answer draft as
well.

Hope this helps....

Nataraju A.B.