inline

On 1/7/2011 12:10 AM, Parthasarathi R (partr) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please read inline
>
> Thanks
> Partha

That is only true when PRACK is not used.

Once the answer has been sent in a *reliable* response, then another O/A
exchange can occur within the same dialog.

> I think offer-answer model discussed some set of
> cross over scenarios in detail. If I am not wrong this is the scenario
> you are looking for ?
>
> INV -->
> <-- 1xx(SDP)
> -->  PRACK
> <-- 200-PRACK
>
> <-- UPDATE(Callee)
> 200-UPDATE -->
>
> <-- UPDATE(Callee)
> 200-UPDATE -->
>
> <-- 200-INVITE
> ACK -->

Yes, I presume that is what the question is about.
That should be fine.

Of course it won't work if the caller hasn't indicated support for
100rel and you want to send these announcements.

The alternative is to treat the call as being forked serially to each
announcement server and then to the final recipient. Each then
establishes its own early dialog and plays its message. In that case it
is up to the UAC to deal with and hopefully play the media from each
early dialog. While that is a challenge if they occur in parallel, it
should not be such a challenge if they occur serially. There is however
no indication that these early dialogs are terminating before the next
one starts. (But see the draft on 199.)