On 07/01/2011 02:24 PM, Worley, Dale R (Dale) wrote:
>> From: Johnson, Michael A [michael.a.john...@team.telstra.com]
>>
>> The PBX (Mitel) that sends the re-invite without SDP, that then
>> accepts the offered G.729 codec from the ISP, despite not being able
>> support the codec is the device I believe is as fault. The
>> manufacturer however disagrees.
>
> You're still not being clear, but it's clear enough that I can
> understand what you're talking about.  You are saying:
>
>      The PBX sends an re-INVITE without SDP.
>
>      The ISP sends a 200 response with SDP.

If I'm following correctly, this offer includes G.729 and G.711.

>      The PBX "accepts" this response (in some manner that you don't
>      describe) and sends ACK.

The PBX includes an SDP answer in this ACK (as it must), but incorrectly
(because of its own limitations) includes G.729 in the answer.

>      You consider this to be a fault on the part of the PBX, but you
>      don't specify why.
>
> I believe your misunderstanding is in regard to the PBX sending the
> ACK.  The PBX does not "accept" the 200 response.  It receives the 200
> response and *must* then send an ACK.  There is no way for it to
> "reject" the response.  (This has been discussed in many contexts,
> which I'm too lazy to look up right now.)

I would think that if the PBX only included G.711 in its SDP answer
(included in the ACK), all would be well.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kflem...@digium.com | SIP: kpflem...@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming