Sdp is not part of RFC3261.

-----Original Message-----
From: sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:sip-implementors-boun...@lists.cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of ext
Worley, Dale R (Dale)
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:51 AM
To: Johnson, Michael A; sip-implementors@lists.cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [Sip-implementors] Re-Invite codec renegotiation.

From: Johnson, Michael A [michael.a.john...@team.telstra.com]

Thanks Dale,
The problem I have is that I cannot find anything definitive in RFC3261
that explicitly states that the system cannot accept the 200OK despite
the fact it has no capability to handle the codec. The best I see in the
RFC is 'SHOULD'.
To get the code corrected, I really need a clearly documented breach in
the way they handle the call. And while it is obvious that this is not
correct behaviour, this is not what I get back from their design team:

"Although it might look like we're not doing it correctly, we are. ACK
is the proper msg to be sent to acknowledge a response (2xx-6xx) to an
INVITE request as per RFC3261"

They have implemented a dodgy work around, however I want a proper fix
and was seeking assistance to find the exact RFC extract to prove they
are in breach of the standards.

Please...  You still haven't clearly stated which device you think is
doing something wrong, and exactly what you think it is doing wrong.  I
can't afford to spend more time on this discussion until you make it
clear *what the problem is*.

Dale