Ren Xin <nathanren...@gmail.com> writes:
> Our product actually compare the newly received SDP with previous one and
> if they are not byte-to-byte identical and the SDP version does not
> increase by 1, we invalidate the stream.
>
> Customer is complaining about this. They think these two streams are
> identical.
>
> Now we can not reach an agreement on if this is a bug.

I would argue that "identical" requires that they be byte-by-byte the
same.  On the other hand, why is your product attempting to enforce this
rule?  I would expect that the benefit of the rule "If the version in
the origin line does not increment, the SDP MUST be identical to the SDP
with that version number." is that if the version number is the same as
before, the device can skip parsing the SDP and leave its media
configuration the same as before.  If the device is taking the trouble
to do a complete inspection of the SDP anyway and actually comparing it
to the previous SDP, why is it being particular about the version
number?

"Be conservative in what you produce; be liberal in what you accept."

Dale