Thanks Paul. For details reply. Please find my response inline.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Paul Kyzivat <pkyzi...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> On 6/23/15 10:23 PM, isshed wrote:
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Below is the updated scenario. sorry for confusion by making step2 as
>> recvonly. now it is fine. The problem here is that after step 9 call
>> becomes audio only. Video disappears.
>>

>> UAC1--------------------------------------------------------------------UAC2
>>
>> 1)---------------------INVITE (a=sendrecv)------------------------->
>> 2)<---------------------200-OK(a=sendrecv)-------------------------
>>
>> 3)-------------------------------ACK-------------------------------------->
>>
>> 4)<---------------------INVITE
>> (a=sendonly)-------------------------(UAC wants to put call on hold
>> here)
>> 5)---------------------200-OK(a=inactive)------------------------->
>> 6)<---------------------------ACK
>

> OK. The above looks *reasonably* normal. It is a little odd for UAC1 to
> answer inactive in (5). (Why wouldn't it want to receive if it was willing
> to sendrecv? Saying "I won't listen to you if you won't listen to me" is a
> little picky. How does it know there isn't something worthwhile to listen
> to? I guess it might make sense if it is assuming that this will be
> music-or-advertisements-on-hold, but there is no way for it to know that for
> certain.)
>
>> 7)<---------------------INVITE
>> (a=sendrecv)-------------------------(UAC2 wants to resume the call
>> here)
>

> You say this is for resuming the call, but you show sendonly. Is that a
> mistake?
<#ISSHED#> Yes this is again typo. it is sendrecv. But for video mline
UAC2 is sending sendonly. (same SDP which was used while putting call
on hold)

>> 8)---------------------200-OK(a=recvonly)------------------------->
>> 9)<---------------------------ACK
>>
>> The call is established in step 3. It's an audio and video call.
>> In step 4 UAC2 puts call on hold by sending (a=sendonly) for both
>> audio and video media lines respectively.
>> In step 5 UAC1 responds with a=inactive for both audio and video lines
>> and along with that it makes video port as 0.
>

> In addition to comment above, it is a little hard to understand *why* it
> should drop the video at this point. I suppose maybe it is trying to save
> the bandwidth for what it supposes is worthless media? But again, this is a
> leap of faith, since there is nothing in the signaling that says "this is
> MoH". There could be some other reason, where the content is real but
> oneway. (E.g. UAC2 had someone enter the room who should not observe the
> media from UAC1.)
>
>> While resuming call in step 7
>>
>> Does UAC2 send video line with valid port or 0 port??? for audio mline
>> it is sending validn port with a=sendrecv.
>

> (Assuming the sendonly in (7) was a mistake and you intended it to be
> sendrecv.) Certainly UAC2 *may* include a valid video port. If it is still
> wants, and it prepared to, send/receive video then I think it should. My
> previous comments to you still apply.

<#ISSHED#> That means it is implimentation dependent. there is not RFC
which defines the behaviour?? Am I right?
>> UAC2 is sending mline for video as last
>> used(while holding the call) with valid port and a=sendonly.
>

> I don't understand what that sentence is trying to say.
>
> Of course you must continue to have the video m-line in some form, so the
> question is whether the port is zero or not, and whether sendrecv or
> something else. In an offer all those choices are open to the offerer and so
> are implementation choice. But some choices are more likely to lead to
> desired results than others.

<#ISSHED#> As the other party has already rejected mline by making
port 0. Is it good to put valid port in the same mline again?

> The general approach that I advocate is:
>
> When sending an *offer*, offer what *you* want, without regard to what you
> might *think* the answerer will want. In subsequent offers this must be
> tempered slightly in that you must retain all the m-lines, and you should
> generally (if you can) include at least one codec in common with what was
> agreed in the prior o/a for continuity.
>
> When sending an *answer*, same guidelines as for offers, except that you are
> more constrained in what "direction" you can put - e.g. you can only answer
> recvonly or inactive if the offer had sendonly.

<#ISSHED#> This piece of information is worth for me.