Rohit,

As far as the basic sip standards there is *no* dependency between registration and dialogs. So in general the ending of a registration need have no impact on any dialogs active at that time.

But the environment you operate within may attach some added constraints. A couple of cases I know of:

- RFC5626 (sip outbound) uses registration to establish an authenticated flow that is used for subsequent message exchange. So termination of registration can impact that. The RFC discusses it, including redundant registrations.

- If you are using a temporary GRUU (RFC5627) as your contact address in a dialog, then when your registration expires so does the gruu. That will eventually break your dialog. You can fix it by doing a dialog refresh (e.g. reinvite) with a valid contact address.

- 3gpp IMS makes registration a prerequisite to further message exchange. If you are operating in that environment then you should follow their rules.