Arun,

Depending on the scenario, nothing will be different. You cannot rely on
signaling or SSRC. The calling parting can be behind the PSTN gateway and
continue to send audio regardless of the hold state on the origination
side. The only way to differentiate is to check the actual audio content.
For a generic solution, you need to use a VAD algorithm to differentiate
between voice vs. silence vs. hold music. You can look at
https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:third_party/webrtc/common_audio/vad/
for reference.
Roman Shpount