Hello Pavel,   thank you very much for reply and suggestion. Indeed that was to
problem! Port 3000 UDP packets were recognized as DIS protocol instead of SIP.
There is an option to disable DIS (or reconfigure DIS default protocol), which
solved the issue. After disabling the DIS in Wireshark, Wireshark shows all the
UDP packets from SIPp properly as SIP messages.  Have a nice day and
regards,Akos
"Šindelka Pavel" <sinde...@ttc.cz> írta:

That sounds more like a Wireshark configuration issue, where heuristics or
static port assignment chooses to dissect the packet contents as DIS rather
than SIP. Do you use standard SIP ports (5060) in your test setup? What have
the "misinterpreted" packets have in common that differs from what the
"properly interpreted" packets have in common?
Try to disable DIS in supported protocols of Wireshark and see whether it helps.
P.
Dne 21.07.2021 v 14:20 Nagy Akos napsal(a):
>Hello dear SIPp experts,   I didn&#39;t found any related thread in the
>archive, so I&#39;m asking: we got a proper working SIPp generator on CentOS -
>connected to a SBC (Session Border Controller). With different scenarios
>working okay. SIPp logs (-trace_msg) are all fine. But if I capture with
>tcpdump -i any -s 0 -w /tmp/capture.cap: the capture is strange sometimes.
>Some messages appear as proper SIP messages, but some appear as "DIS
>(Distributed Interactive Simulator) protocol" messages - as the Wireshark
>shows it. Any suggestion?  (We don&#39;t use TLS, obviously.)  (Due to company
>secrecy, I&#39;m not allowed to attach capture.)  (I know, we can work with
>the SIPp log files, -trace_msg. But since we highly used to work with
>captures, it&#39;s easier and more comfortable for us to work with captures.)
> ;Thanks in advance and regards,Akos Nagy

    That sounds more like a Wireshark configuration issue, where
      heuristics or static port assignment chooses to dissect the packet
      contents as DIS rather than SIP. Do you use standard SIP ports
      (5060) in your test setup? What have the &quot;misinterpreted&quot;
packets
      have in common that differs from what the &quot;properly interpreted&quot;
      packets have in common?
    Try to disable DIS in supported protocols of Wireshark and see
      whether it helps.

    P.

    Dne 21.07.2021 v 14:20 Nagy Akos
      napsal(a):

      Hello dear SIPp experts,&nbsp;
      &nbsp;
      &nbsp;I didn&#39;t found any related thread in the archive, so I&#39;m
        asking: we got a proper working SIPp generator on CentOS -
        connected to a SBC (Session Border Controller). With different
        scenarios working okay. SIPp logs (-trace_msg) are all fine. But
        if I capture with tcpdump -i any -s 0 -w /tmp/capture.cap: the
        capture is strange sometimes. Some messages appear as proper SIP
        messages, but some appear as &quot;DIS (Distributed Interactive
        Simulator) protocol&quot; messages - as the Wireshark shows it. Any
        suggestion?
      &nbsp;
      &nbsp;(We don&#39;t use TLS, obviously.)
      &nbsp;
      &nbsp;(Due to company secrecy, I&#39;m not allowed to attach capture.)
      &nbsp;
      &nbsp;(I know, we can work with the SIPp log files, -trace_msg.
        But since we highly used to work with captures, it&#39;s easier and
        more comfortable for us to work with captures.)
      &nbsp;
      &nbsp; ;Thanks in advance and regards,
      Akos Nagy