Hello,

on Windows, try "HxD Hex Editor" or "Hexedit" (I use the latter one, but that doesn't mean it is better, I just came across it first years ago when I was looking for such a tool). For Linux, use xxd to hexdump a file, edit it using any text editor, and use xxd -r to convert it back to binary.

But all of these are dangerous weapons, so use them with a lot of care.

To adjust the RTP headers properly, you need to open the pcap file first, make yourself familiar with the various fields of the RTP headers, understand the relationship between them, and also understand the .pcap format structure. The ability of Wireshark to highlight a field in the hex dump pane when you click it in the dissection pane should help you find what to change using the hex editor. But capturing DTMF generated by a phone and using Wireshark to filter out the necessary packets may still be a faster way to your goal.

In dtmf_2833_1.pcap, there are 10 packets; in all of them, you have to change the "sequence number" field to grow monotonously by 1 and start from a higher value than the last one in the file dtmf_2833_2.pcap; the "timestamp" value must be the same in all of them (for telephone-event packets in particular - this is not the case for normal audio or video codecs), but it has to be higher than the timestamp value in dtmf_2833_2.pcap.

So rather than editing the pcap file manually, it may be worthier to write a script that will generate .pcap files as needed for the particular test scenarios.

P.