From: Tony Graziano [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 3:38 PM
To: IT Services; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Low Volume on PSTN calls

No. That is the function of the phone itself. Once the gateway sends the
calls into your network it is digital. Gain is a function of the analog
gateway before it is converted and streamed. There is no way that I know
of to increase the volume of this until it hits your end user device
(phone), which is why people turn up the volume on their phone to hear
better.

I saw lots of problems with Audiocodes, volume, disconnect, lockups. I
turned mine off and put in a Patton gateway and haven't had to touch it
since.

>>> "IT Services" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/31/08 6:24 PM >>>
Hi there:

An update:

1. Volume on the receiver end of PSTN calls is fine.
2. Volume on the IP phones (the caller-side) of PSTN calls is very low.
3. Volume is fine for IP phone to IP phone calls.
4. Increasing the Gain did not help on the IP side.

Is there a setting on the gateway (audiocodes) that can increase only
the volume to the IP phone?

Thanks for your help!

tommy