Michael LeBlanc wrote:
> We're looking at storing sipXecs user information in LDAP, but the
> hourly import window (the minimum scheduled window size) will be too
> long. So I've been trying to find a way to get sipXecs to import data
> from LDAP on demand.
>
> Reading through the wiki on LDAP/SipXecs integration, I saw a
> reference to triggering LDAP imports on demand via SOAP:
>
> "sipXconfig supports on demand synchronization triggered through the
> sipXconfig UI or the sipXconfig SOAP API."
> (http://sipx-wiki.calivia.com/index.php/LDAP_Integration_for_sipXconfig)
>
> But after looking over the sipXconfig WSDLs, I can't see a method that
> relates to LDAP. Has anyone been able to trigger LDAP imports via a
> SOAP call? Or a method to schedule more frequent LDAP imports would be
> helpful....

I do not think it's possible to trigger it using LDAP (wiki is wrong, I'll
change it). It would be trivial to add SOAP or REST service to trigger it.
Please open an issue in JIRA.

The schedule can be probably coaxed into kicking more often than once an
hour: it's kept in cron_schedule table in DB in the standard cron format.
If you change it you cannot use UI to schedule imports any more.

How often do you want to run those imports? LDAP imports are quite CPU
taxing: make sure that you box is capable doing that in reasonable time.
D.