As a new convert to VoIP and Sip-X, I'd like to hear what the rest of
the mailing list users experiences are with gateway devices.  For the
installation I'm working on I have to link into existing Siemens
switches for my outside lines, and so I purchased a Mediant 1000 modular
gateway to allow me to experiment a bit and to upgrade as I roll out
Sip-X to the users.  It's hideously complex, has no manual, and support
appears to be handled via putting requests in bottles and throwing them
in the sea.  From speaking off-board with Milosz he has had the same
experience as myself and has since started buying Pattons.

Can the rest of you let me know if you have significant experience of a
particular gateway, good or bad, so that we noobies know what to avoid
or aim for?  You can read specs or the occasional review, but that's not
substitute for experince with these devices.

Kenny Mitchell
Infrastructure Analyst
Ineos Refinery