This was the only/main reason to stick around sipX.  This is what i have called
managed Open Source.  In real Open Source you don't remove features that
compete with Pingtel and now Nortel commercial product.  Why would anyone buy
Pingtels, Nortel and the inGates' of the world.  I bet you my bottom dollar
that this feature is in their commercial product.  Now you know why Nortel
bought Pingtel.

The same reason why Cisco bougt Linksys.  10 years ago when Linksys offered a
firmware update/upgrate that turned their wireless Access Point to become a
Bridge  at no additional cost i was at that time buying Cisco 340 bridges for
nearly $2,000 a unit.  In AP mode the cisco and Linksys were rated in practical
install testing identical.  One costing $2,000 the other $300.  I said to
myself why on Earth is Cisco allowing this to happen.  Within 90 day Cisco
bought Linksys.

I can only hope that the Pingtel guys were 100% 401k holding Nortel stock.

To Ranga.  You should brush up your Resume and get out of there.