On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 14:05 -0600, voice wrote:
> Hi Scott
>
> Took a look at the Nortel's SCS500 and now i understand what i
> perceive is the 4.0 go slow release to coincide with Nortels SCS500
> product release.  Must not get a head of Nortels' production schedule.
> And it's is obvious why you have neutered sipXbridge.  Could it be
> because the Nortels SCS500 has features that would be redundant in
> sipXbridge.  This is a corporate scam.  This OpenSource is in the
> pocket of Nortels existing product release schedule.  Even Redhat
> could not pull off what you guys were able to collude.

This really isn't appropriate fodder for this list, but I'll take a
moment to debunk it anyway.

We are not "going slow" to match anything - we are working as hard and
as fast as we possibly can to get both releases out.  There is no
conflict between the two because they are almost entirely the exact same
software.  Nortel appreciates the many sources of value offered by the
sipXecs community, and is committed to continuing this open process.

We have not "neuter"ed anything.  In the normal course of development,
one makes plans and then one modifies them to balance different
priorities.  Not every feature that is in early plans makes it into the
final product.  The functionality that will be available in the sipXecs
4.0 release of sipXbridge may actually be a superset of what's in the
Nortel SCS500 version 3.0 release (because we may remove the
preconfigured templates for the ITSPs that we consider less robust based
on our testing - this decision has not yet been taken one way or the
other); it will _certainly_ not be a subset.

> Tell us Scott what department inside Nortel does sipX OpenSource
> answer too?

sipXecs open source answers to its community.

If you'd like to continue this discussion further, let's take it off
list.