I have fixed the issue.  Dale and Tony, you were both correct. It was both a
bandwidth.com issue and outdated firmware/bootrom software.

Tony, the update for the phone software went very smooth, thank you.  Sometimes
that wiki can be a little daunting considering 50-75% of the materials appear
to be outdated.... at least to the beginning user like myself!

Thanks again