Dear sipXecs Users, Experts and Developers,

        Shortly before I built my first sipXecs I signed up for a VoicePulse
SIP Trunking Account to use for testing.  Unfortunately, they do not
currently offer telephone numbers in our Area Code.  So when signed up, I
had to pick a number in the 804 Area Code.  Then I submitted a request to
port over one of our existing 757 numbers.  This process took about 3 weeks.
While configuring and testing sipXecs, I very rarely got any Alarm
notification E-Mails that I wasn't expecting (due to the fact that I broke
something while tinkering around).  Yesterday morning I got a call from
VoicePulse notifying me that the porting process was complete and that my
757 based DID was ready for use.  Around 10 PM this evening I started
getting the following E-Mails at an unusually repetitive rate.  See below:

=======================  Start Example Alarms  =======================

Message from sipXecs
Alarm: SPX00018
Reported on: pbx.pyronet.somedomain.net
Reported at: 2009-06-05T07:31:54.793530Z
Severity: CRIT
Alarm Text: An attempt to signal the ITSP 'jfk-primary.voicepulse.com' timed
out.
Suggested Resolution: Check your ITSP Account Domain, Proxy and Registrar
settings and restart the SIP Trunking service.

Message from sipXecs
Alarm: SPX00018
Reported on: pbx.pyronet.somedomain.net
Reported at: 2009-06-05T07:32:44.768306Z
Severity: CRIT
Alarm Text: An attempt to signal the ITSP 'jfk-backup.voicepulse.com' timed
out.
Suggested Resolution: Check your ITSP Account Domain, Proxy and Registrar
settings and restart the SIP Trunking service.

Message from sipXecs
Alarm: SPX00019
Reported on: pbx.pyronet.somedomain.net
Reported at: 2009-06-05T07:39:08.663099Z
Severity: INFO
Alarm Text: The ITSP Account 'jfk-primary.voicepulse.com' is OK.
Suggested Resolution: The SIP Trunking Provider recovered and is now
functional. No further action is needed.

Message from sipXecs
Alarm: SPX00019
Reported on: pbx.pyronet.somedomain.net
Reported at: 2009-06-05T07:39:09.052251Z
Severity: INFO
Alarm Text: The ITSP Account 'jfk-backup.voicepulse.com' is OK.
Suggested Resolution: The SIP Trunking Provider recovered and is now
functional. No further action is needed.

========================  End Example Alarms  ========================

So. . .  My question to you is where/how do I start troubleshooting this
problem?  I imagine this must be being caused by one of four things:

1.)     Connectivity issues on VoicePulse's end
2.)     Connectivity issues on my ISP's end
3.)     Some configuration issue with my sipXecs
4.)     Possibly a router/firewall issue (on my end)

I guess the puzzling thing for me would be why this started to occur on the
same day that my DID number changed from a 804 to a 757 Area Code ?  :-(

Thanks in advance,

Andreas
Systems Engineer
Around the Clock Information Systems