On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:38 AM, Andreas (Around the Clock Information
Systems)<andr...@atcis.net> wrote:
> Dear sipXecs Users, Experts and Developers,
>
>        Shortly before I built my first sipXecs I signed up for a VoicePulse
> SIP Trunking Account to use for testing.  Unfortunately, they do not
> currently offer telephone numbers in our Area Code.  So when signed up, I
> had to pick a number in the 804 Area Code.  Then I submitted a request to
> port over one of our existing 757 numbers.  This process took about 3 weeks.
> While configuring and testing sipXecs, I very rarely got any Alarm
> notification E-Mails that I wasn't expecting (due to the fact that I broke
> something while tinkering around).  Yesterday morning I got a call from
> VoicePulse notifying me that the porting process was complete and that my
> 757 based DID was ready for use.  Around 10 PM this evening I started
> getting the following E-Mails at an unusually repetitive rate.  See below:
>
> =======================  Start Example Alarms  =======================
>
> Message from sipXecs
> Alarm: SPX00018
> Reported on: pbx.pyronet.somedomain.net
> Reported at: 2009-06-05T07:31:54.793530Z
> Severity: CRIT
> Alarm Text: An attempt to signal the ITSP 'jfk-primary.voicepulse.com' timed
> out.
> Suggested Resolution: Check your ITSP Account Domain, Proxy and Registrar
> settings and restart the SIP Trunking service.
>
> Message from sipXecs
> Alarm: SPX00018
> Reported on: pbx.pyronet.somedomain.net
> Reported at: 2009-06-05T07:32:44.768306Z
> Severity: CRIT
> Alarm Text: An attempt to signal the ITSP 'jfk-backup.voicepulse.com' timed
> out.
> Suggested Resolution: Check your ITSP Account Domain, Proxy and Registrar
> settings and restart the SIP Trunking service.
>
> Message from sipXecs
> Alarm: SPX00019
> Reported on: pbx.pyronet.somedomain.net
> Reported at: 2009-06-05T07:39:08.663099Z
> Severity: INFO
> Alarm Text: The ITSP Account 'jfk-primary.voicepulse.com' is OK.
> Suggested Resolution: The SIP Trunking Provider recovered and is now
> functional. No further action is needed.
>
> Message from sipXecs
> Alarm: SPX00019
> Reported on: pbx.pyronet.somedomain.net
> Reported at: 2009-06-05T07:39:09.052251Z
> Severity: INFO
> Alarm Text: The ITSP Account 'jfk-backup.voicepulse.com' is OK.
> Suggested Resolution: The SIP Trunking Provider recovered and is now
> functional. No further action is needed.
>
> ========================  End Example Alarms  ========================
>
> So. . .  My question to you is where/how do I start troubleshooting this
> problem?  I imagine this must be being caused by one of four things:
>
> 1.)     Connectivity issues on VoicePulse's end
> 2.)     Connectivity issues on my ISP's end
> 3.)     Some configuration issue with my sipXecs
> 4.)     Possibly a router/firewall issue (on my end)

5 ) The most likely cause : Their proxy server was down.

Any of the above is possible.

If you are doing serious testing with this provider,  please wait
until a new ISO image is posted. Some bugs were discovered in
sipxbridge after posting the last ISO image that can hamper your
testing.

Please share your settings with us (without passwords or other
sensitive information)  so the list of ITSPs can be updated with those
settings.

Regards

Ranga.

> I guess the puzzling thing for me would be why this started to occur on the
> same day that my DID number changed from a 804 to a 757 Area Code ?  :-(
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andreas
> Systems Engineer
> Around the Clock Information Systems