From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Damian
Krzeminski
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:21 AM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] [sipX-dev] Release 4.0.1 is posted

Jason Jason wrote:
> Scott and Others,
>
> Would you recommend using the upgrade function from the GUI, or just
> using the backup/restore feature to utilize the new version, basically
> backing up old configuration, and using restore function on the new
install?

> Using the upgrade function would drastically save us from long downtime
> and after hours work :).

Do make backup just before the upgrade. But this is just a precaution. You
do not have to reinstall the system from scratch.

I am not a big fan of upgrading from UI (I think it often fails and does
not give you good indication why it failed and what it was doing).

But you can run 'sudo yum update' or 'sudo yum update sipx\*' (depending on
what you want to update) from command line.

D.