From: Scott Lawrence [mailto:scott.lawre...@nortel.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:55 PM
To: jun,wen
Cc: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [sipx-users] Outgoing PSTN call blacklist by permission and
dial plans

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 16:49 +0800, jun,wen wrote:
> Hi, Team,
>
> I am trying to implement a blacklist to users to bar some specific
> call destination. when created a permission of "Blacklist Access", I
> made a new dial plan of "Blacklist" with specific barred PSTN number
> by a prefix and checked the "Blacklist Access" as the required
> permissions .
>
> After done this, when I made a PSTN outgoing call with that prefix,
> sipx stopped that call with "482 Loop Detected with 2 hops ago, with
> Sipfrag", is it the designed behavior of sipx on this secnario ? When
> I looked at the Permission of Users, whatever I checked the box of
> Blacklist Access or not, calls to the specific destination number were
> always blocked with the same reason code. How then to make the
> override ?

Did you put a gateway in that Blacklist dial plan?

If you don't specify a gateway in a dial plan, then implicitly the call is
sent back to the proxy again.  This is called a 'spiral' and is very useful
for rewriting internal numbers to and from external forms (for example,
match your DID prefix digits followed by the extension and rewrite them to
just the extension, or the other way around).  Since you didn't change the
number, then the same rule applies on the spiraled request, and eventually
the hop limit mechanism detects the error and stops the call.

(The sipfrag body on the loop detected error response is a diagnostic
mechanism - it allows anyone looking at the trace to see what the message
looked like when it ran out of hops, which can help a lot in figuring out
how it got there.  For details, see
http://tinyurl.com/nwmnhu)