I'm kinda confused about the project at this point. I moved to this project
because I was tired of messing with asterisk. The promise of HA, clustering and
off loading the media were the motivating factors.
The clustering alone was a godsend.

As I get to know this better, it's looking more like a not quite there
distributed setup, meant more for salability than high availability. If that
management server goes down, a lot of things seem to go with it, including
admin and users not having access to important web functions. What else goes
down with that main server?

To me, a high availability cluster means my shared GFS web setup for example.
Nothing is tied to any one server, they all have equal roles. One or more fail,
makes no difference, *everything* keeps running.
It's even a distributed setup by default so I have redundant load balancers on
front of the web farm. I even have multiple paths to network storage in case
storage becomes unavailable.
Now that's HA :).

It's too bad sipx wasn't built on something like the above, that would have
been wonderful, again, unless I've not found that one document that explains
how to go about getting real HA. Though, your answer also confirms that this is
something on the planning table which is good to hear.

So, some questions on things that could help;

1: Is there a way of moving the user web controls onto a separate web server
for the cluster?
I realize that the web functions are tied to the server itself but are there
any mods that I could make to allow for the services to be centralized,
allowing all hosts to have access?

2: Or, I was planning on running a couple of locations, but was going to
cluster them together. Should I instead be thinking more along the lines of
separate clusters and some method of syncing of the data?

Mike

 To: sipx-users