Hi Matt,

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:11:20 -0400, Matt White wrote:
> If your looking for an all encompassing HA solution, it is not part of sipx.

No, I'm looking to learn the capabilities of sipx. We'll continue running
asterisk systems but I see sipx as having a different role which is why I'm
wanting to learn about it and have been.

> So if your PBX dies, at least calls go in and out, the system is
> still in a partial state.

Yes, I get this, but I'm asking if others have found ways of achieving more
redundancy, hence, is why I was asking if there might be ways of centralizing
the database/s, web pages, other things perhaps.

> When we have customers that require full HA, we use clustering with shared
> storage (SAN) or other software like DoubleTake for linux.  Of course, that
> part of a solution is a bit more expensive than opensource software.

I've got plenty of hardware and a complete SAN and NAS based infrastructure
using Bluearc and ONStor filer heads so can build pretty much anything. Sounds
like you're saying that you have achieved what I'd like to so perhaps you'd
care to share how you have done so.

For example, can the database and/or web pages be centralized after all, so
that if the main server does go down, there might be a way to engage another as
main?