Regarding number (2), instead of having different ports to demultiplex
incoming traffic, couldn't sipXecs utilize a "virtual name space"
mechanism (I do not know if there is a correct term for this, but it is
similar to Apache's virtual web service which looks at the network name
of the URL to determine the page to serve).  An INVITE received on port
5060 to j...@example1.com would go to a different "virtual sipXecs" then
an INVITE to j...@example2.org.  Apache achieves this the same way, the
initial GET is sent to port 80 at the same IP address but Apache looks
at the URL to determine what page to serve.

5060 is the well-known port for SIP and I think that any implementation
of multi-tenant should support concurrent requests on it.

My opinion, standard disclaimers apply.

Dan