On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 17:27 -0500, Geoff Van Brunt wrote:
> We have been having an issue where voice mail messages get cut off. On
> the callers side, the start recording their message and then at some
> point they get transferred and it starts ringing, with no answer. The
> length of time before the transfer seems random. I have yet to be able
> to capture a trace of what is going on. Anyone else see this?

What gateway are you using?

There is a (not always popular) feature of the voicemail system that
allows the caller to press '0' to transfer to 'the operator' (meaning
whoever has the alias '0' or 'operator' I think).

It may be that your gateway is incorrectly detecting a DTMF 0 on the
PSTN side and sending it in the RTP.

Does anyone have the 'operator' alias?   If not, assign it to some phone
and see if that phone rings when this happens.