Just spent a week in hell trying to figure this one out so wanted to share it.

Weird problems started to arrise after I made a small config change in sipx,
then uploaded the new ini file to my mediant. Quite suddenly, outgoing calls
worked fine, incoming calls no longer worked. Later down the road, incoming
calls work fine but outgoing calls don't work at all. Part of the problem was
the following but with a mix of the other work I was doing. Since I didn't know
about this problem, it created a much bigger mess.

The following is the Trunk section of the ini file which sipx generates. There
is an error in the generated file for option FramingMethod.

[Trunk_0]
ProtocolType_0=10
ClockMaster_0=0
LineCode_0=0
FramingMethod_0=0

Sipx creates this option as FramingMethod_0=D where 0 needs to be and this
breaks the trunk in some not so obvious ways.
I'm not 100% sure if this error comes from sipx itself or some default config
that it uses to generate the file so wanted to mention it so that someone who
is more aware can know about it.