Well, I:

NEVER create a user with anything other than the line number (Internal).
It's VERY typical jobs or roles are reassigned, and DID numbers can be
easily moved without a phone change or a user retrain.
NEVER login as an alias. If people use their line number, they'll always
know their internal line number.
NEVER register to an IP address instead of the domain. Things (transfers)
will not work after the registration.

This was I NEVER have to ask myself for a do-over. Sometimes, like watching
the Olympics, if you fall coming out of the gate or next to the finish line
on the finals, there's no "do-over", and sometimes not having one really
sucks.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Burden, Mike <m...@lynk.com> wrote:

>  Agreed.
>

> The advice I got was to create a user for each DID (I named mine DID001,
> DID002, etc.)
>

> For each user that represents a DID number, add the number to the
> “Aliases”.   I added the number three times in the alias field, once with 7
> digits (no area code), once as 10 digits (area code + number) and once as 11
> digits (1 + area code + number) to cover the bases.
>

> Then use the forwarding rules to forward calls to the conference bridge.
>

> [image: cid:image001.jpg@01C85750.45790B60]
>
> * **Mike Burden*
>
> [image: Lynk.gif]*
> Lynk Systems, Inc*
>
> * e-mail:* m...@lynk.com
>
> * Phone:* 616-532-4985

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.gif>>