> Hi again. Yesterday we changed the password for this user
> that was compromised, but last nigh around 1 o'clock i see
> that there were another tries to call through our system.
> Something is really going wrong. As Tony explained this looks
> like something related with sipxproxy. The only records that
> i see for these requests are in sipregister.log and sipXproxy.log
>
> Something very interesting for me in the log records were the
> following things.
>
> In several places i see that proxy returns to user: "Proxy
> Authentication Required". But after several tries it looks to
> me that user bypass authentication problem and make the call to To:
> <sip:00930820...@mysipserver.domain.tld> and get Not Found Message.

If a malicious person discovered your sipXecs IP address and is
publically reachable, then that person can send SIP INVITEs to your
system all day long even without any users on your system being
compromised.  sipXecs will accept the INVITE, look at the called URI and
try to route it.  If it cannot map the URI to any destination using
configured aliases, registration data or dialplans then a 404 Not Found
gets sent back.  On the other hand, if the URI maps to a destination,
that sipXproxy will check whether that destination requires permissions.
If it does, the caller will be challenged and that caller will only be
able to successfully complete the call if it knows the credentials of a
local SIP user that has the required permissions. If the call does not
require any permissions, it will just go through.

So, to make a long story short, based on your observations, nothing
indicates that a user has been compromised.  What is clear is that
someone found your SIP Proxy in the network and is trying to use it to
make expensive calls.  These attempts to make such calls will fall so
long as every dialplan in your sipXecs requires at least one permission
and that SIP passwords for your users are non-trivial.