From: "Andreas \(Around the Clock Information Systems\)" <andr...@atcis.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:45:17
To: <sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org>
Subject: [sipx-users] sipXecs Server Hardware Migration

Dear sipXecs Users, Experts and Developers,

        I know at some point that this topic has been covered in the past,
so I apologize in advance for being redundant.  Feel free to reply with
links to previous answers from the sipx-users mailing list archives.  I just
wasn't sure how to formulate my search query to find the answers that I
seek. . .

        The situation is this:  We (our company) have a sipXecs server (now
at version 4.0.4-017289) that has been in production for about nine months
and has been working flawlessly (Developers, thanks for building such
fantastic product!) since we upgraded to the current stable version.  These
days, I rarely need to touch it because it "Just Works".  Unfortunately,
when I put this server platform together last year, I significantly
over-built.  Even during peak usage times the 'Server CPU Load' and 'CPU
busy percentage' rarely exceeds 3%.  The Percentage of Disk Usage after nine
months in production is only at 11%.  From my impression, it seems that
sipXecs appears to be extremely efficient (much more so than I originally
anticipated).  So, the point that I am trying to make is that running
sipXecs on this hardware platform is a waste of resources and electricity.
I would like to move our current running configuration to more of a
Workstation Class machine so that the hardware platform that it is currently
running on could be repurposed to a role that is a bit more demanding.
Ultimately, what I would like to happen would be to turn the original server
beast from h___ off, turn the new Workstation Class Server on and have
everything work as it does right now, to include customized inbound voice
prompts, user voice mails, etc., etc. . . the whole shootin' match.  Is
there a simple approach to make this happen?  It literally took me 40 to 50
hours to get this box configured and customized to meet the needs of our
company; I dread the thought of having to go through all that again.  Your
recommendations, PLEASE. . .

Thanks in advance!

Andreas
Systems Engineer