Dear Michael and Tony,

        Thanks a heap for both of your expeditious reply's.  Michael, you
provided me with some valuable insights during the early stages of my
sipXecs implementation and I just want to thank you again for being such an
active participant in the sipXecs community.  I also wanted to tell you I
really enjoy your blog at http://sipxecs.blogspot.com/.  I only wish you
would post more juicy sipx stuff there more often :-)  I know, we are all
such busy folk, those of us in IT.  Just know that there are folks out there
in sipx-land waiting in anticipation for your next 'golden nugget'.

        Back to the business at hand. . .  When you said below: "Backup the
existing box" do you mean from the Web GUI @ System --> Backup?  Honestly, I
didn't realize that portion of the GUI was fully functional.  The reason I
say that is because I have that page setup to do automatic backups every
Saturday at 2 AM.  It doesn't. . .

        Also, you said: "upload/activate your phone firmware files" do I
need to have those available separately, or will they also be inside the
/var/sipxdata/backup/201003nnnnnn/configuration.tar.gz backup file?

Thanks again!

Andreas
Systems Engineer
Around the Clock Information Systems