Assistant Network Administrator
Brazos County IT Dept.
(979) 361-4676

On 3/9/2010 4:39 PM, Ken Fulmer wrote:

Should I also set the domain name in the scope? Will this cause the phones to "scan" the domain (DNS server zone) for the SRV records?

*From:* sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org [mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] *On Behalf Of *Josh Patten
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 09, 2010 4:37 PM
*To:* sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
*Subject:* Re: [sipx-users] DNS SRV and Polycom

You must set the DNS servers in your DHCP scope on whatever DHCP server you are using.

Josh Patten
Assistant Network Administrator
Brazos County IT Dept.
(979) 361-4676

On 3/9/2010 4:32 PM, Ken Fulmer wrote:

I have DNS SRV setup on a MS DNS server. Using NSLOOKUP, the records return the correct information.

I'm not sure how to get the phones to contact the DNS server to look up the SRV records. Do we still use option 66 or some other mechanism?

Thanks,

Ken Fulmer