From: sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org
[mailto:sipx-users-boun...@list.sipfoundry.org] On Behalf Of arda savran
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 5:19 PM
To: sipx-users@list.sipfoundry.org
Subject: [sipx-users] how to construct a dial plan in an hosted
environment.

Good Day,

As far as I know, sipx looks through the "dial plan" list to find the
first match and if the user have the necessary permissions, it processes
the call. If the user does not have the proper permissions, the call is
denied; and sipx does not keep looking for a next best match.

Before I jump to the next section please let me know if I am mistaken,
or if this behaviour has been modified on 4.2 release.

We are trying to put together a hosted environment with multiple sites
and media gateways. We will have multiple sites with overlapping dial
plans. We are planning to use "permissions" to seperate the resources
and route the calls back to the correct media gateways. However, if the
behaviour of sipx is like the way I mentioned above then using
permission groups to seperate sites with overlapping dial plans is not
applicable.

The calls for one of the sites will work but the other calls will be
rejected by sipx since they are in a seperate permission group.

So can somebody please let me know if there is a workaround for this?

Thanks,